Friday 23 November 2012

Records Smashed!

This afternoon we smashed the patch records.  We left out at about 14:30 and got back about 16 :15, so a long time!
On the lake were over 12 Pochard sleeping, and a Grey Heron on the island, as well as the usuals.
As we were walking by the Canal I scanned the field for interesting gulls and was rewarded with Valentino the Med Gull!  Also there was: Black-headed Gull, Common Gull and Herring Gull!
Other highlights were: Grey Wagtail, Jay, plenty of Mistle Thrush's and a Long-tailed Tit flock (I was gutted that someone else saw a Nuthatch with them at 15:00).
At the end of the trip we had racked up 32 species of bird!  That smashed the record by 3!

                                                   Puffed up Black-headed Gull



4 comments:

  1. I presume the robin photo on your header is your own work. I love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like it! It is my work but a couple of months old.

      Delete
  2. I really like the way the gull is all fluffed up. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...