Sunday 30 December 2012

2012 In Pictures

We are now approaching  the end of the year; and what a year it has been; my Birdwatching and Photography only started seriously this year, and I am pleased with the results; I have been short-listed for two competitions and came runner-up in another.
To celebrate the coming of a new year I thought I would post my favourite image from each month this year



                                                                   January
                                   An extremely confiding Robin at Fisher's Green Lea Valley



                                                                      February
                              Walking along a beach in Ireland I came across this flock of Turnstones well                   
                                  camouflaged against the Sea-weed Cos Strand Co. Kerry Ireland



                                                                      March
                                The beginning of Spring!  My Grandmother's ponds were filled with frogs, and I              
                                learned that they can't see straight ahead so I could get some interesting close-ups
                                    Kilgarven Co.Kerry Ireland

     
                                                                 April
      I found this Male Greater-spotted Woodpecker building his nest on the edge of the foot path          
                 on my local patch!  Unfortunately in the strong winds the tree was blown down  
                                           Valentines Park Ilford Essex
.
                             
                    
                                                                     May
                        In May I was fortunate enough to see Kingfishers fledging!  There were at least 7 
                        juveniles  being fed by both adults.  RSPB Rye Meads     


                                                             
                                                                   June
                          While waiting for a train I noticed a family of Blue Tits and managed to approach      
                          this one, and got within two foot!  Moulsecoomb Train Station.

                                         
                                                                    July
                          The first day I got the Raynox DCR-250 I was in the garden photographing and      
                          came across this Willow Gall Weevil!  Ilford Essex


                                                                August
               I was back in Ireland again and when  photographing Dragonflies by the pond I  
               noticed a dead ant being carried!  Kilgarven Co.Kerry Ireland

                                                          
                                                                    September
                               After unsuccessfully looking for the Baillon's Crake at Rainham Marshes I found 
                               this Water Vole posing out in the open!  RSPB Rainham Marshes London


                                                                 October                 
                               This flock of Goldfinches was busy feeding on Thistle Seeds before flying over to a    
                                muddy puddle to drink!  Abberton Reservoir Essex


                                                               November
                This shot of a Grey Plover was Digiscoped at Two Tree Island .  It was taken at dusk. 
                Two Tree Island Leigh-on Sea Essex Canon Ixus 120 IS
  

                                                             December
                              While waiting for a Nuthatch at my local Patch I saw this Robin who looked like
                               it had a scar on its cheek!  Valentines Park Ilford Essex
                               
All of these shots were taken using a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ38 and adapters unless otherwise said.
Definitely the most shots I've yet done in one post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...