Saturday 25 January 2014

Big Garden Birdwatch

This morning I took part in the RSPB's 'Big Garden Birdwatch'. I started at 8:00am when it was still pretty dark.  The first bird of the day was a Wren five minutes through. It was over twenty minutes before anything else turned up so a pretty quiet morning.  Once the hour was up I'd had: 1 Wren, 1 Robin, 1 Blackbird, 2 Great Tit and 3 Blue Tit.
 Quite a few species missing, the most surprising being Wood Pigeons - for the last two years I've always got about two during the BGBW, not this time though.  The Goldfinch and Chaffinch where also missing for the count, but rather inconveniently turned up later in the morning. Along with a Starling.  So I think another go tomorrow morning is in order.  A little later in the morning as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...