Wednesday 26 March 2014

Silver Linings...

As they say, all clouds have a silver lining.  After the focussing issues, I brought the lens back to the company yesterday to further discuss the problem.  Simply the focus wasn't functioning, not really a fixable problem it turned out.  I had bought the only Tamron 90mm they had it stock, so they couldn't replace it, but they offered a full refund or did I wish to get another lens?  Hmm, the Sigma 105mm called out to me, but could I afford it? Just. I gave it a quick whirl, not at all bad, and apparently just slightly superior to the 90mm.  Yeah why not, I do need a macro, but what's that?  Free of extra charge....  Oh wow.  Over the moon doesn't come close.  Flabbergasted maybe?
 I didn't mention the name of the company yesterday as I wouldn't want to put a bad image of them in your head, as I've known them to be a trustworthy company.  The malfunction was simply down to the lens. Todays experience reestablished and strengthened my opinion of them, so for those interested mpbphotographic.co.uk.
 Hopefully this lens will last a little longer than its predecessor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...