Sunday 30 March 2014

Seawatching...

This morning started at 6:15, earlier than my comfortable rising time, but I had my reasons.  Packed and out the door by 7:15, what a daunting thought, I was on my way to Splash Point for my first taste of Seawatching.  I met up with local birder Liam Curson at Seaford before heading down to Splash Point. Despite the conditions being seemingly perfect for migrating birds, it was -so I was told- rather a quiet day.  There were however at least a hundred Common Scoter, about 10 Red-throated Divers, 200-300 Brent Geese, 8 Sandwich Tern, Gannet and 2 Med Gulls.  With Red-throated Diver and Common Scoter constituting as lifers, Not really what I'd call a quiet day.  Most of the birds stayed distant, but it was a nice introduction to this type of birding...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...