Friday 14 September 2012

Cos Strand and Competition.

Yet again we went to the beach, this time we went to Cos Strand.
Cos Strand is a Shingle beach, and is relatively unpopulated.
As we were walking long the shore my aunt Addie pointed out some Seals on an island, behind the island was a small flock of Gannets!
I spent the next hour watching waders, and there were plenty of them: Redshank,Curlew,Turnstone, Ringed Plover, Oystercatcher and Dunlin were all in good numbers.  And the only views I had had of Dunlins before, were distant, and scoped.
And like every other beach I've been to in Ireland, there were of course Rock Pipits.
And at last I won a photography award - I was the runner-up in the Times Young Wildlife Photographer Competition!

                                                                                                      
                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...