Friday 9 November 2012

Two Tick Island

Yesterday I went with my Father to Leigh-on Sea,  we were going to stay with my Auntie Lorna for the night.  When we arrived we went straight to Two-Tree Island as the light was fading fast, and I was hoping for some ticks. We only went to one of the hides and speed walked there. During the walk I was reminded how frustrating dogs can be.  On the way to the hide I saw: a Kestrel, Curlew, Redshank and Grey Plover; I was pleased with the Plover as I had only previously had scoped views through reeds of them in summer dress.

 I thought the letters on the islands from the hide were very helpful, especially when there are a few of you; so you can say: "just left of L", and "Just left of L" is where I saw my first Snipe! I was just scanning across when I noticed four camouflaged birds which were the Snipe!  Also there were a couple of Grey Plover, and I got a better image - all these shots are digiscoped!  Grey Plover are much drabber in winter, but they are very smart in summer, personally I like them in winter.


There were plenty of Avocets around, and Lorna counted 28!  Last time I was here I didn't see any!  There were also: Redshank, Lapwing, Oystercatcher, Teal, Wigeon, Shoveller, Grey Heron and Little Egret! Also creeping along one of the banks was a splendid male Pheasant!

As the light was fading fast we went to the coast to see the Brent Geese.  The tide was hugely far out and so were the Brents.  I managed to scope some record shots, nothing brilliant.
My life list is now 125!



Also this morning when we were driving home we saw a Buzzard perched in a tree!  We parked up a distance away and walked back but it was gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...